- ACE Clearwater Enterprises, Torrance, CA: www.mfgday.com/events/ace-clearwater-enterprises
- Automation Tool & Die, Brunswick, OH: www.mfgday.com/events/automation-tool-die
- Clips & Clamps Industries, Plymouth, MI: www.mfgday.com/events/clips-clamps-industries
- Penn United, Saxonburg, PA: www.mfgday.com/events/penn-united-technologies-inc
- Pentaflex, Springfield, OH: www.mfgday.com/events/pentaflex-inc-
- Rockford Toolcraft, Rockford, IL: www.mfgday.com/events/rockford-toolcraft-inc-
- Select Industries, Dayton, OH: www.mfgday.com/events/select-industries-corp-
- Ultra Tool & Mfg., Menomonee Falls, WI: www.mfgday.com/events/ultra-tool-manufacturing
- Waukesha Metal Products, Sussex, WI: www.mfgday.com/events/waukesha-metal-products
- Weiss-Aug, East Hanover, NJ: www.mfgday.com/events/weiss-aug
Thursday, October 3, 2013
We just posted our press release about Manufacturing Day. We are excited that so many of our members are participating tomorrow in a day that celebrates our industry!
Independence, OH – Precision Metalforming Association member companies across the country will open their doors to their local communities on Friday, October 4, 2013 as part of the second annual Manufacturing Day. PMA along with Women in Manufacturing are among the industry leaders sponsoring this national day to promote U.S. manufacturing.
Manufacturing Day – or MFG DAY – addresses common misperceptions about manufacturing by giving manufacturers an opportunity to show what manufacturing is – and what it is not. The goal is for manufacturers to connect with future generations, take charge of the public image of manufacturing, and ensure the ongoing prosperity of the whole industry.
“MFG Day is important for PMA member companies because it allows them to raise awareness in their communities about 21st century manufacturing,” said PMA President Bill Gaskin. “Our members can show off their modern facilities that utilize computers, robots and automation. We know that counteracting outdated misperceptions with the reality of today’s high tech manufacturing is the best way to address challenges like the skills gap that threaten the American manufacturing sector’s growth.”
Many PMA member companies have signed up to participate by hosting special events at their facilities, including:
To learn more about the second annual MFG Day, please visit: http://www.mfgday.com/
# # #
PMA is the full-service trade association representing the $113-billion metalforming industry of North America—the industry that creates precision metal products using stamping, fabricating, spinning, slide forming and roll forming technologies, and other value-added processes. Its nearly 900 member companies also include suppliers of equipment, materials and services to the industry. PMA leads innovative member companies toward superior competitiveness and profitability through advocacy, networking, statistics, the PMA Educational Foundation, FABTECH and METALFORM tradeshows, and MetalForming and Fabricating Product News magazines. For additional information on PMA visit www.pma.org.